Re: CF: Please help

http://archives.real-time.com/crossfire/msg01392.html

>     Christian> were playing a standard class. Qs are a challenge class, so
>     Christian> one might have to reconsider the gods... but than, at a
>     Christian> quick glance, Jehova still looks like the way to go. Yep I'm
>     Christian> pretty sure it is, considering that you have to make up for
>     Christian> the lack of equipment.
>
> Is thre anything special for a Quetzy?

The can't wear armor, which means you loose quite a lot useful equipment.

>  I like him 'cos he is strong and very potent.

In the long term this is just crap. My barbarian has Str 30 and could
have Pow 30 if I wanted him to, but other things are more important
for me, so he only has Pow 24... using a second ring of Elrond instead
of the ring of Power would give me another Pow+3, using a helmet of
Brilliance instead of the helmet of xray vision would give another
Pow+2... well, 29 already. Maybe bracers of magical power instead of
bracers of dexterity will supply the last Pow, although I'm not sure
whether they do any Pow+, and I'm too lazy to look for these bracers
in my piles of rubbish :-(

> Also immune to fire.

Everybody can learn the "immunity to fire" spell --- no reason to
sacrifice the ability to use armor because of that. There is also
a piece of armor which gives immunity to fire & cold, although this
is very hard to find. Another piece of armor gives cold immunity,
and is easier to find (but not _that_ easy, of course... I was using
Power Dragon Mail for quite some time, even though I knew that the
mithril chainmail of winter existed --- I just didn't know where it
was, and Conan wouldn't tell me :-( )

> Another thing, I seem to be depleted of all my stats by one.  Is there a
> way I can get them back?

Looks like the effect of a "depletion" attack.
Potion of restoration should fix this.

Christian

--
Christian Stieber        http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~stieber