Re: CF: Wasted Space & D.Door

>I think also CPU use:  in a big map with a player in it, all the
>monsters/other active objects must be moved every tick.
>
>I don't think memory is such a big deal any more.

That makes sense.  It would probably be best for unused space to be
filled with solid walls or such to solve the dimension door problem.
Someone mentioned 300 bytes per object, so even a 20x20 map of solid walls
is only 120K.

Also, if someone ever gets around to it, I think the goal is to have the
server only deal with the part of the map "near" the player anyway, making
it less important to have separate maps.  The example for this project
has been to have a single map for the Scorn continent.

--PC