Re: CF: CrossEdit

Scott Wedel on  wrote...

| I was seriously considering working on Crossedit but then someone else
| came along with such great energy and enthusiasm that I decided to let
| him do it.  After seeing someone today mention the work that should be
| done to Crossedit and no response, I am now wondering whether anyone
| is working on Crossedit after all (besides PeterM to make smaller maps)?
|
| I see two features of primary importance.  First is any easy way to see
| and manipulate all objects on a map square so that items held by monsters
| or inside of containers are easy to deal with.  Second is the ability to
| easily make customized palettes of wall type, monster type, etc which are
| able to be in their own windows.
|
| There are all sort of other useful and valuable changes to make.  I am
| merely suggesting these as the starting point.  If there is little
| active programming effort on Crossedit then I shall shortly start work
| on them.

Most important feature missing from crossedit I can see is a
layering mechnism.  EG:  `effects layer'. ground, layer. walls. monsters
etc etc etc.

Each of each can be made visible or invisible, with one layer editable.
EG: all layers visible but ground layer editable, then you can lay all
the ground flooring and modify them without disturbing anything else.

the layers however should be arbatry.  Prehaps some edit comments
also stored in the map for the next time you go to edit that map.

  Anthony Thyssen ( System Programmer )    http://www.sct.gu.edu.au/~anthony/
          Treat your password like a toothbrush.
          Don't let anyone else use it and
          get a new one every six months.         ---  Cliff Stoll
     PGP Public Key available -- finger -l anthony@lyrch.cit.gu.edu.au