CF: A reminder on how to get access to the crossfire CVS repository

Preparation:  CVS access is somewhat restrictive:  not everyone automatically
gets CVS access when they ask.  What Mark Wedel, the head maintainer,
seems to like in those with CVS access are:

1)  A history of contributing to crossfire
2)  demonstrated coding competence
3)  willingness to build consensus before implementing changes

If you don't satisfy 1) or 2), what you can do is get a current snapshot,
implement your changes/fixes, and send patches via email to Mark.
The snapshots of the CVS repository are made nightly, and are at:
http://langmuir.eecs.berkeley.edu/pub/peterm/crossfire/todays_snapshot
Alternately, you could work with another of the people with CVS access.

If you're all of 1) 2) and 3), then do this:
contact Mark (mwedel@scruznet.com) and get him to mail me saying:
"it's OK to give person X access."  Mark will want to know from
you what parts of crossfire you want access to (maps, the source code,
the archetypes, the client), and what (if any) changes you propose
to make.

To access the repository:  once Mark says you're OK, you mail me
(peterm@tesla.eecs.berkeley.edu), and tell me what I need to know
to set up a CVS account for you.

This is what I need to know:
1)  Your preferred account name
2)  one of:
    a)    ssh public key
    b)    an encrypted password field

I would MUCH prefer that people give me an ssh key and use ssh.

Here is how you would use option a)

setenv CVSROOT :ext:<your username>@boltzmann.eecs.berkeley.edu:/home/cvs/CVS
setenv CVS_RSH ssh

Option b) would be used this way (I think)
setenv CVSROOT :ext:<your username>@boltzmann.eecs.berkeley.edu:/home/cvs/CVS
cvs login

Happy hacking,

PeterM