Real Time Crossfire Mailing List Archive

Re: CF: Direction, maps and balcing

David Sundqvist wrote:

> That's the percieve stuff :). The probe spell tells you if it's undead, if
> it's higher or lower level than you (more powerful, less powerful), if
> it's acidic, and if it's hurt or not. It's probably not very good
> information to judge wether you can kill it or not from, especially with
> spells and immunities and stuff.

 PRobably true.  And I think level in some case was sort or arbitrary - I am
pretty certain that levels don't correspond to the whole range (1-110) that
players can be.  Or more precisely put, believe that above 20 or so, the monster
levels are few and far between and make less difference in chances of
success/failure.

> >  (The @ take being an expansion to the @match stuff).  But this gets into a
> > rewrite of the scripting language.
>
> Yep. Well, it'll have to be done eventually. :)

 As a note, the general flow/logic of the scripting language is fairly object
independent and is mostly logical within the script itself.  Now there will be
some callbacks within the script itself, but those could be done as just
prototype functions.  So if someone is adventerous, they could start working on
this now.

> This is a sort of annoyance, yes. Maybe one thing to add if we add regions
> would be to add a sort of region (or maybe global) semaphores that could
> be set or unset via maps.

 I suppose you could also extend some things.  Like connected values of
1@/navar_city/illusion/lev6 or whatever, and push the proper thing if the map is
loaded, and if it isn't, write a temp file or something with the change states
and when the map is loaded, read that in also and incorporate the changes.  But
more logic than that would be needed.