CF: Negative damage?

Hi,
        I seem to have negative damage? With a dragonbane +9, I have
damage = -84!!  Also, with my regular sword, an improved Axe of B1FF, I
have negative damage of -86.  This sword attacks with (physical,
weaponmagic, fear), but is unable to hit dragons in the dragon hangar in
stoneville!  I can hit everything else with this sword, but only for the
fire dragons, I need to use the dragonbane.  Outside, I seem to be able to
hit dragons with this.  Note: the negative damage doesn't seem to affect
anything, I can still use the swords very effectively.

        Is there a spellbook for perceive self, or only scrolls/rods/wands?

Also, how is the exp gain calculated?  It doesn't seem to give me the full
exp of the monster, but some random fraction?

Regards,
Mani.
--
R. Balasubramanian.
Our sincerest laughter \ With some pain is fraught;