Re: CF: servers on port 80

>>>>[From Mark Wedel]
    On Mar 9,  4:52pm, Zachariah Baum wrote:
    > Subject: CF: servers on port 80
    > are there any Crossfire servers that use port 80, for firewall folk such as
    >   myself?

     Doubtful.  port 80 would require crossfire to run under root (or similar)
    priveledges (getting a port below 1000 requires that).  I certainly wouldn't
    trust crossfire under those circumstances.

well, actually, some bizzarro person could make a port forwarder, that
wouldn't require the actual server run under root :-)

     Socks or some other form of support should probably be added to the client
    simply to help out those people behind firewalls.

oh, did I mention java supposedly supports this already?
so theoretically, you could do this with the java client.
unfortunately, I do not know the details of configuration. sorry.

ANd it probably varies from runtime to runtime.