Real Time Ascend Maling List Archive

Re: CF: 0.95.3 bugs (OR CHEATS)

I think the fundamental problem is creating very powerful artifacts
without any negatives.  Powerful armor and weapons should be forced
to impair mage or clerical spells.  Likewise powerful casting items
should be forced to impair physical attacks and such.  All powerful
items should conceptually make the player more specialized into the
limited area granted by the item and not assist the player into
becoming great at everything.  I think it is much more interesting
when the player must decide whether to develop the character as
the artifact would demand.

Second, powerful items should be very hard to unequip, say a 5% chance.
They have ego and want to be used.  This would prevent a character
from carrying a large number of powerful items and switching between
them quickly depending upon the current state of the battle.

Combining these two approaches would mean that powerful items create
specialized chars that remain specialized as long as they use that
item.

						sdw

crossfire-request@ifi.uio.no]