Re: CF: oddity in the pup_land raffle #2

Seikoh Nishita wrote:

> o some pits and teleporters are used in order to move floors,
>   teleporters and switches (e.g. "jungle", "lever", "no spell field")

 This will need to be rethought.  I don't know what the purpose of that is, so
can't really give a good workaround.

> o some monsters have "exit". When a player kill them, he'll be able to
>   enter next map.

 Simple solution is to give the monster a special key, and then put the exit
behind an appropriately locked door.

> o We suppose that the length of "lightning spell" is at least 11 sq.

 I don't really know at this time if that is a safe assumption or not.

> o faces of some objects are modified.

 I believe this is still supported, and should continue to be supported.  What
was discontinued at one time was the ability to change the color of the images
(which under xpm mode, never worked anyways)

> o some gates have hp and they aren't connected. Players can break
>   and pass them.

 This could perhaps be done with an earthwall.  If a gate face is needed,
creating a new arch based on the earthwall would not be hard (except for the
animation sequence, you could almost just take the earthwall and change the
face.

> o some destination of pits are set onto exits.

 I don't think this will be a real problem.  However, it could be asked why not
just make the pit the exit (may not be supported in 0.95 - can't remember, but
it will be supported in 0.96)

> o random events and items are implemented by putting object on a pit
>   and falling it on the square filled with buttons.

 I'm unclear how that creates a random event.  But items should still be able to
fall through pits.

> o invisible stairs generators, boulder, gates.

 Invisible stuff will need to be reworked (or more importantly, invisible
objects that are supposed to be able to be made visible.)  A flag will probably
be added to control that.

> o some boulders prevent magic walls from invoking spells.

 I'm guessing this is because the magic wall looks to see if the space it is
about to cast on is blocked.  Not quite sure what will happen with that.

> o some chairs and tables have "alive" flag in order for mover to move them.

 The mover should probably be expanded to include furniture.  That feature may
still work in the future, but I can't guarantee that.

> o some altars consume an icecube. When a player drop an icecube on it,
>   he can always get contents of it.

 Altars are going to get a pretty big overall for 0.96 - they do too much which
makes it hard to deal with in the object structure (they eat the sacrifice, and
can then either cast a spell or push another button.  or they can also be prayed
over for another effect.)  So my current thinking is to break them apart like:

 Consumer - consumes what it is set to match for, pushes connected objects.
 Holy Altar - to pray over and get good effects.
 Spell caster - casts a spell when pushed by a connected object.  This
	spell caster could very well be on the same space.

 That said, I can't say what the right behaviour will be with consumers and
containers.  The right thing is to probably only consume the container, but
leave the contents intact.

> -
>
> And how should we modify the maps?

 I would definately wait until a 0.96.x release so there is a better idea what
the revised objects will be like.