CF: Sacred Weapson (was Re: Experiments)

David Andrew Michael Noelle wrote:
>     How about having gods bless armor and weapons of archetypes that have an
> artifact version for that god?  For example, there are helmets of Lythander,
> but no other type of armour, so Lythander might reward a priest's worship by
> applying the helmet of Lythander artifact definition to whatever helmet the
> priest is wearing, and further worship would increase the magic bonus up to
> some maximum, like +1 per five priest levels, the same as the current
> maximum for weapons.
>     So, Lythander would give his +1 luck blessing and magical bonuses to a
> priest's helmet and weapon, but nothing else.  And the weapon might also be
> given his attacktype, confusion, and his slaying list, goblins and trolls.
>     Unfortunately, most of the gods have no sacred weapons or armour, except
> for a few cases I just added.  If this change is implemented, it would
> probably be a good idea to give each god one type of armour, maybe two for
> protective gods, and at least some type of weapon.
>     Lythander, as the god of elves, should probably have a bow.  Since bows
> and crossbows are favored weapons of angels and devils, Valriel and Gorokh
> might bless missile weapons in general.  Gnarg already has shields, but
> needs some weapons.

    I'm currently implementing this as another experiment.  I'm renaming a
few more old artifacts and adding a bunch of new ones to go with it.
Weapons and armour will only be transformed into these artifacts once they
have reached the required enchantment level (although most only require +1)
and the priest's wisdom level is at least twice the artifact's difficulty.
Only objects that match these types will receive the god's other blessings,
such as enchantment up to +1 per 5 levels, the god's attacktype, and slaying
the god's enemies.  Each such enhancement is a seperate reward, requiring
further prayer.

    Valriel
any weapons +2: (slaying: demon) (speed 120%)
any bows +3: (damage: 200%) (weight 110%)
body armour +1: (armour 120%) (weight 110%)
full helmet +2: (Wis +1, Cha +1)
 - was full helmet of Lordliness

    Gorokh
any weapons +2: (slaying: angel) (speed 120%)
any bows +2: (damage: 160%) (attacktype: poison)
body armour +1: (ac +2, armour 110%) (weight 105%)

    Devourers
any weapons +1: (attacktype: cold, depletion)
no bows
cloak +3 (difficulty 3): (prot: depletion, ghosthit, drain, acid) (Cha -2)
 - lesser version of cloak of the Underworld

    Sorig
metal weapons +1: (attacktype: electricity) (weight: 95%, speed: 125%)
crossbows +2: (wc +1) (attacktype: electricity) (weight: 95%, speed: 125%)
helmet +1: (ac +1, armour 120%) (prot: electricity)

    Ruggilli
metal weapons +1: (attacktype: fire) (weight: 85%, speed: 110%)
any bows +2: (wc +1) (attacktype: fire) (weight: 85%, speed 110%)
no armour

    Gaea
wooden weapons +2: (regen +1) (damage 110%)
 - modified weapon of Gwormi
no bows
body armour +2: (ac +1, armour 120%)
 - less magical version of armour of Protection

    Mostrai
axes and hammers +1: (damage 140%) (weight 115%)
crossbows +3: (damage 140%) (attacktype: weaponmagic) (speed 75%)
shields +2: (protected: fire)
 - was shield of Theodin

    Lythander
any weapons +1: (luck +1) (weight 90%) - already existed
bows +2: (wc +1) (weight 75%, speed 150%)
helmet +1: (luck +1, weight 90%)

    Gnarg
any weapons +1: (damage: 120%) - was weapon of Sanwe
no bows
shields +1: (armour 180%) (Cha -1)

--
            -Dave Noelle,                 dave@Straylight.org
            -the Villa Straylight,  http://www.straylight.org

Disclaimer: Any similarities to the opinions of any real or fictional
persons, living, dead, or undead, are clearly the reader's own delusion.

Quote of the Day:
Jargon:        "Machine-independent"
Translation:   "Does not run on any existing machine."