RE: CF: the begining of crossfire

-----Original Message-----
From: Hwei Sheng TEOH
Sent: 9/8/99 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: CF: the begining of crossfire

<snip>

IMHO, we need at least two different scales... the reason being that
since this is a 2D game (and I don't think we ever plan to move to 3D any
time in the forseeable future) you lose some aspects of perspective.

<snip>
<mumblings about CrystalSpace> Thinking about it.  It's a massive change and
radically alters all kinds of things though, so it wouldn't be a quick
change.  But, it's forseeable.  I remember having a pronounced preference
for Ultima Underworld over the mainstream Ultima series many years ago,
because it was 3D.  EverQuest's engine impressed itself upon me as well.
There is so MUCH in fantasy computer role playing games that benefits from
3D...

Just some mumblings.  Feel free to ignore.

DM