CF: RE: New graphics

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Wedel
Sent: 9/9/99 11:06 PM
Subject: Re: CF: RE: Size scale vs. time scale and new graphics

 First, in terms of improved graphics and size, David Sundqvist had
expressed to me that he had already started work going to 32x32 image, as
well as improving some of the color depth.

<snip>
----------------
Then I suppose I'll be bowing out.  I have no connectivity from my new place
until the 27th of this month and I haven't been able to talk to my artist in
2 weeks.  A pox upon US West and all its brethren.  By then, he'll probably
be done.

It occurs to me we could use a little more clarity in the matter of who is
contributing, who is actively contributing, and who has staked out what
territory.  I've never heard of Mr. Sundqvist.  If he reads this list, he
hasn't said anything in weeks.  And yet he's privately decided to work on
some major facet of the game which somebody else has publicly expressed an
interest in.  That's not a good thing.  This is an Open Source project, with
multiple contributors.  NOTHING should be done privately.  Coordination and
discussions and consensus are vital.  Without those, there's no point in
being Open Source at all.  It devolves into a one man project.  If that's
what you want, that's fine, but kindly say so.

DM