Re: CF: the begining of crossfire

This is just something right off my head... but I was just thinking, do we
*have* to have one, unique, story about how the CF world came into being?
After all, these stories are passed down by the priests, right? Why can't we
have a slightly different version of the story (or even outright different
stories) from the different religions/races/etc.?

This will make things so much easier... priests from each cult will have his
own story, which, of course, would center around his beliefs. I think this
would add much more flavour to the game than to have a single, linear story.
It would also eliminate the need to explain everything -- these different
stories don't have to be 100% consistent with each other, and they can simply
be a basis for why a certain race has a certain attitude.

Eg. Gnarg's story might explain dwarves as retarded results of
not-so-successful attempts of creating goblins/trolls; whereas Mostrai's story
might hold the opposite view that the goblins were the "accidental" race. The
two stories will be inconsistent in one respect, but consistent in another
respect in that both show the hostility between the two races. After all, we
don't really care how exactly dwarves or goblins came about -- what we care is
that they are hostile to each other because of their racial background.