CF: Attacktypes

 I'm going over the attacktypes, and it seems to me there are some fairly
specialized attacktypes or things that are not true attacktypes, so I have a few
questions and thoughts about reducing the number some.  I won't comment on the
ones I think are normal.  Some of this is because of the graduated protections I
am doing.

 Weaponmagic:  This is sort of an abstract idea.  As I think I said in a message
a little while back, it is probably in here to some extent to mimic the AD&D
idea of +3 or better weapons to hit.  In some sense, I get the feeling this is a
specialization of the physical attacktype.  A lot of monsters are immuned to
physical but can be hit by weaponmagic, and at the same time, a lot of the
better artifacts give weaponmagic.  I am curious how much demand/use people
still see in this if you have graduated protections so you can make the creature
90% immune to physical.

 Note for the record, the current armour value will basically be replaced by
protections to physical, since the calculatiosn will be done the same way
anyways.

ghosthit: This was largely a specialization for ghosts so they disappear after
an attack - instead of doing that by attacktypes, it is now done by flags in the
monster.  I am thinking of changing the name to 'undead', since that seems a
little more general and sort of conveys the extra supernaturalness of the undead
races.

 slow, paralyze:  IT seems to mean that paralyze is just an extreme case of
slowness (100% slow in fact).  I wonder if it may make sense to just fold in
paralyze accordingly.

 turn_undead, godpower, holyword:  If memory serves, godpower is an attacktype
that is by the god, but hits anything.  Holyword is similar, but only hits races
of the god.  turn_undead only affects undead races.

 It would seem to me that turn_undead could get folded into holyword, just set a
different god/slaying when the spell is cast.  Thoughts?

 cancellation, chaos, counterspell: It seems to me that these are not really
attacktypes that affect the player, as much incoming spells, players equipment,
or shuffling attacktypes.  I guess it may be easy to keep them as atacktypes,
but to me they do not really seem to be attacktypes, but more effects.  I wonder
if there may be a better way to deal with that instead of actual attacktypes.