Re: CF: suggestions for exp, monsters, general blather

> Happy New Year Everyone!
>
> While on vacation I've been thinking of a few little issues.

> 2. I think the spell build director is a little silly. Is there some reason f
>or it's
> existance? Some mythical precedent? Now that we have dancing sword and animat
>e weapon, I
> think that it should be removed. On maps I think that all director/ movers sh
>ould be
> invisble - perhaps they should be revealed by "show invisible"?

Er, I really like this spell.  I find it invaluable.  It lets you store
a truly amazing amount of energy, when used in combination with
certain other spells.

> 3. How about adding some spells to round out the collection. For example -
> I think that a cone electricity spell is probably in order. It would make sen
>se if
> electric dragons had some kind of cone breath. At the moment, they are by far
> the easiest
> to kill due to the line-of-sight restriction on lightening.

How about giving them ball lightning?  That's a really, really wicked
spell.

> 4. I think that there definitely needs to be some experience balancing done w
>hen it comes
> to different types of creatures. eg. Compare the experience for killing a big
> demon (low)
> with the experience for killing a demilich (you get heaps).

Yeah.  Speed is underrated as a difficulty measure.  A big demon is
pretty fast compared to a demilich.  Really, demiliches are way
overvalued.  They seem to be the big experience reward at the end of
maps:  complete the map, get the easy experience you've earned by
getting to the demilich.

> 5. As for monsters, I would really like to see some Real Giants added to the
>archetypes. I
> think a good size would be 2x3. These should basically be a much tougher vers
>ion of the
> existing hill giants - throw boulders faster and hit harder.

Dude, if you do the artwork, I'll do the archetypes for any number of
giants you'd like to include into the game.

PM