Friends, coders, Crossfiremen, LEND ME YOUR EYES!

Hello,

  There's a bug in the random map code (I think) which is
causing semi-random crashes.

  I'm having a very hard time tracking the problem, because
the effect ( a crash) is happening a long time from the
cause (apparently the random map code).

  I can run the standalone random-map generator hundreds
of time under efence without any trouble.

  Problems only occur when a random map is generated
on the fly by the crossfire server.  I suspect that some
interaction is occuring between the map code and the random map
generation code.

  It's probable that I'm setting up the map somehow incorrectly
in the random map code, and the map code eventually grogs, but
I don't understand the crossfire map code well enough to figure
out what the problem is.

  Can someone familiar with crossfire's map code please help out?

Thanks,

PeterM