Re: Just noticed that you added a #def for triple damage

Peter Mardahl wrote:

> > Admittedly, without the damage tripling, the cones are a good deal
>
> Remember that I set the spellpoint cost of the cone spells with
> the strange tripling accounted for.  You weaken the damage/sp of
> cone spells without weaking the bolt or the ball spells' damage/sp.
> This throws things out of whack.
>
> If you cut the damage, you should also cut the sp cost.
>
> Also, many people have said that mages are too weak, few
> have said that they are too strong:  I am therefore unsure that
> we need to "fix" this, though I'm not against a #ifdef weakening
> cones so long as it's not default.

I agree that mages are too weak. There are currently too many monstertypes a
low level (5-20) level mage can't hurt since they are invulnerable to anything
such mage can hit and as the mage has no real usefull protective spells he
can't get close to bomb them either. so he needs to wear fighter armor and a
two handed sword and so slash the monsters... it does not seem like a mage
behaviour...

--
Digital Information Architects Inc. Digia Oy
Kimmo Hoikka