Re: [CF:1340] Problems with mailing list

Quoting Jan Echternach (echter@informatik.uni-rostock.de):
> On Wed, Jun 21, 2000 at 05:09:48PM -0500, Rick Tanner wrote:
> > Those messages were sent from this address:
> > echter@informatik.uni-rostock.de
> >
> > Which I don't think is the same address that Jan Echternach subscribed
> > from/with because I keep getting a message to MODERATE (accept or reject)
> > all his postings and followups.
>
> My canonical email adress is
>
>   jan.echternach@informatik.uni-rostock.de
>
> which is my subscription address, and is also set in the Reply-To:
> header in all of my emails.  But this silly mailing list software is
> broken.  It ignores Reply-To: (and even overwrites it with something
> different).

Reply-To can be forged, so this 'silly' software sends email to whatever
address you subscribed to the mailing list.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (612)943-8500