Re: [CF:1349] It lives! (22Jun00 server 0.95.6 on SuSE 6.4)

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Mark Wedel wrote:

> > At least on my system perl is in /usr/bin. Added a symbolic link and
> > we were off and running again.
>
>  Fixed in the 0.95.6 client.

0.95.6 _client_? I was unable to find any 0.95.6 client anywhere; latest
client version I found was 0.95.4. If there is a 0.95.6 client, please
tell us where to get it.

On a side note, I had some initial troubles myself. Granted, I did som
tweaking on include/config.h, among other things disabling NOT_PERM_DEATH
and enabling RESURRECTION. Linker dies while compiling player.c in
the server code with the following message:

player.o: In function `kill_player':
/home/cross/install/crossfire-0.95.6/server/player.c:1816: undefined
reference to `gravestone_text'

The error does not occur when compiling cf out-of-the-box.

Another thing, on my local server the pocket realities seem to be fixed
when a new player gets a new appartment. However, existing players who
already have an appartment will have the same problem with the wall
reappearing after visiting one of the pocket realities. Does the fix for
this problem require modification of the players perm-appartment file
itself?

Oh well, that's it for now I guess :)

---[ erik gjertsen ]--------- -    - -      -          -
---[ PGP: http://erik.subnett.no/pgp.txt ]- -     -       -