Re: CF: Win32 Server ?

At 11:16 PM 5/9/00 -0700, you wrote:

> I don't think anyone has created one.  I remember hearing that someone has
>compiled under cygwin or whatever it is called.  As the server no longer
has X11
>code, it should be much more portable than it has been in the past.
>

>Draugr wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>     I was just curious to know if there is a Win32 server version of
>> Crossfire or if one is in the process of being created?
>>
>> Thanx

I compiled a 0.95.0 version of the Crossfire Server under Windows95/Cygnus.
It needed only a few fixes to make it compile correctly. If I remember
well, the only problem I encoutered was that in these times, the timer
functions were not available on Cygnus. I'll try to retreive my code and
the modifications I had to do. It ran fine although it was slower that the
UN*X version. Really useful if you want to build a new client for Windows !

									Commander Gros
									Ad Dwarvam Aeternam!

PS: Sorry if someone got this message on his private mailbox, but it seems
that my mailing program suddenly got crazy...