Re: CF: Servers

On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 02:38:02PM -0400, Doug wilder wrote:
> these work, keep in mind there is still a problem with the crossfire server
> that causes it to crash and not except logins. I dont know that this ever

Some ideas to debug this problem:

* There might be useful messages in the server's log.

* strace -p `pidof crossfire` (or truss -p or whatever) should show
what system calls the server is doing.

* gdb, file `which crossfire`, attach `pidof crossfire` should give even
better information.

I know this problem from playing on remote servers, but I can't reproduce
it on my server.  Therefore, I can't debug it myself.  :-(

--
Jan