Re: CF: The Archer

> From: "Doug wilder" <doug_wilder@hotmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 10:40:40 EDT
>
> I personally think that there should be a lot more recipies for items. They
> can be given out in the standard way or can be given out in quests.

Good point.  I was just thinking the same thing.  For some
suggestions, I'll check my artifacts file and see what doesn't have a
recipe yet:

Weapons are probably not a good choice for alchemy.  Daggers might be
an exception, but anything larger than that would probably be better
handled by a skilled smith with a magical forge (NPC):

Dagger of Poison
1 dagger
2 demon's icor
4 scorpions' stingers

Dagger of Paralysis
1 dagger
1 wight's corpse
2 scorpions' stingers

For the most part, alchemy for armor would be pretty ludicrous.
Cloaks and robes are a possibility, though.  Alchemy would be a good
explanation for those robes of metal weave, for example:

Robe of Metal Weave
1 robe
8 mercury
8 Mithril Crystals

Arrows and bolts make more sense for alchemy than melee weapons,
albeit not by a whole lot.  There's a precedent folrl a few of them
anyway, so I'll just throw out some suggestions for some of the
others:

Arrows/Bolts of Fear
20 arrows or bolts
2  ghost's ectoplasm
1  orc's heart

Arrows/Bolts of Accuracy
20 arrows or bolts
1  water of diamond
2  xan's wing
2  clover

Arrows/Bolts of Fire
20 arrows or bolts
1  water of ruby
1  fire elemental's residue
2  pile of philosophical sulphur

Arrows/Bolts of Frost
20 arrows or bolts
1  water of sapphire
1  water elemental's residue
2  pile of philosophical salt

Arrows/Bolts of Poison
20 arrows or bolts
1  water of emerald
2  snake skin  (or 3 poison "booze")
1  scorpion's stinger

Arrows/Bolts of Lightning
20 arrows or bolts
1  water of diamond
2  pile of philosophical phosphorus
1  mercury

Arrows/Bolts of Paralysis
20 arrows or bolts
4  booze
2  scorpion stinger

Bolts of Silver Head
20 bolts
2  Water of the Wise
80 silver coins

Bolts of Piercing
20 bolts
2  fixed mercury
20 diamonds

Magical food - cooking with alchemy

Waybread
2 potato
2 food
1 cheese
1 onion (or carrot, or apple...)

Waybread of Aelingas
2 potato
2 food
1 cheese
1 mushroom of stamina

generic non-poisonous food
various yields from corpses, livers, hearts, steaks, or other
generic unidentified "food"

--
            -Dave Noelle,                 dave@Straylight.org
            -the Villa Straylight,  http://www.straylight.org

Disclaimer:Don't ask me; I just live here.

Quote of the Day:
    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are wiser than
one man.  How's that again?  I missed something.
    "Autocracy is based on the assumption that one man is wiser than a
million men.  Let's play that over again, too.  Who decides?"
			 - Lazarus Long