Multiple attack types w/same weapon, disease code too

I found an old post, and if I understand this correctly, a player should
_not_ be able to use an alter(s) to give one weapon multiple attack types.

http://archives.real-time.com/rte-crossfire/1996/Mar/msg00044.html

But, judging by what Magnus Kronhamn said, this is possible..
(http://archives.real-time.com/rte-crossfire/2000/May/msg00241.html)

> of course one changes gods to get all the fun attacktypes on ones
> favorite weapons.

Am I correct on this?  Or just misunderstanding the referenced Post??

Disease Code:

I also found some of the original posts on the Disease code, thought you
might be interested since you are discussing it so much ;)

http://archives.real-time.com/rte-crossfire/Attic/msg01010.html
http://archives.real-time.com/rte-crossfire/1999/Oct/msg00031.html

- Rick Tanner
leaf@real-time.com