TCLUG Development Archive

Java Canvas class that keeps track of low level shapes

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a package that implements a canvas that
allows low level graphics objects draw on it to be grabbed by a mouse.  In
particular I want to be able to not only draw a line on a canvas, but then be
able to grab the line and manipulate it with the mouse.  Normally I'd just
create my own component and add a mouse listener to it, however, AFAIK,
components in Java must be rectangular, which means a huge bounding box.

I've written such a tool in Xlib, but I'm hoping someone already has one for
Java so I don't have to rewrite it.

Thanks.

--
Jon Schewe