TCLUG Development Archive

Re: [TCLUG-DEVEL:124] C++/C linking problems

On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 01:35:46PM -0600, Scott J. Pekarek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just recently joined this group and this is my first post and I will
> post a brief intro.  I am an ok C++ programmer with a fairly strong
> Unix background (Digital Unix/HP-UX/Solaris).  I recently just started
> to port some proprietary C/C++/*nix code to gcc and Redhat 6.1.  I
> have waded through most of the issues but I am stumped on why I get
> tons of "undefined reference to xxxx" - where xxx is generally either
> some kind of global or library function in a C shared library.  My
> main source is virtually all C++.  The compile line looks ok to me
> (all the includes/libraries appear to line up).
>
> These last few weeks have been my only significant exposure to
> gcc/g++.  I am somewhat convinced I am doing something generically
> stupid here (as I am not a full time programmer).  I could fund some
> serious free beer for anyone who could help me sort this out.

	Do you have any undefined references to stuff in the standard
library, like 'open', or 'printf'?

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature