Re: [TCLUG:16898] Par port SCSI bootdisk?

Hi Gabe,

> Well, if there is support for the device in the linux kernel, you can just
> build a new kernel with the support compiled in and then slap it on the
> install disk for your favorite distro.

There is in fact _no_ support for it in the Kernel. There is a patch for
it at

ftp://ftp.torque.net/pub/ppSCSI-0.91.patch

But it's a little too advanced for me to understand how and where to apply
the patch, and how to enable the support once patched. It also mentions
that the drivers must be built as modules; how does modular support jive
with patching the kernel? It would seem that a kernel patch would be
mutually exclusive with modules ???

Tell me when these Q's get too stupid :)