Re: [TCLUG:16954] second NIC w/ne2k-pci

> Just got a second ISA ne2k going; perhaps you can tell me what
> you've tried, and we can go from there?
>
> Really, all I did was follow the directions in the Ethernet HOWTO.
> It was complicated by the PnPness of it all, but only a bit.  I don't
> know how much more awful it will be for PCI.

I've had pretty good luck with ISA NIC's myself.  Usually I buy the
LinkSys cards, which come with a utility to disable PNP, I then pass the
ne2000 module the io address and irq of the specific cards.  The problem
is that the ne2k-pci module takes no arguments, it autodetects the
cards.  I believe the cards are both being seen on the bus, the output
of lspci is:

00:04.0 Ethernet controller: Lite-On Communications Inc: Unknown device
c115 (rev 25)
00:05.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. 8029

Straight from the proc file...:

  Bus  0, device   4, function  0:
    Ethernet controller: LiteOn Unknown device (rev 37).
      Vendor id=11ad. Device id=c115.
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 11.  Master
Capable. Latency=66.  Min Gnt=8.Max Lat=56.
      I/O at 0x1400 [0x1401].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0x44000000 [0x44000000].
  Bus  0, device   5, function  0:
    Ethernet controller: Realtek 8029 (rev 0).
      Medium devsel.  IRQ 11.
      I/O at 0x1040 [0x1041].

There is also a cryptic comment in the ne.c source (not the ne2k-pci.c
source, but may be related)...

/*
 * Note that at boot, this probe only picks up one card at a time, even
for
 * multiple PCI ne2k cards. Use "ether=0,0,eth1" if you have a second
PCI
 * ne2k card.  This keeps things consistent regardless of the bus type
of
 * the card.
 */

--