Re: [TCLUG:17010] MP3 Server

Set up samba with an upload share. Use something like upload$ as the share
name if you want to hide the share from windows boxen. (the dollar sign
makes it hidden, haven't gotten around to trying it with samba yet, but I
belive it's a client side issue)

Configure samba to allow write but not remove and force a users (nobody)
and default file permissions.

Set up icecast and shout. Make a cron job to rebuild the playlist every so
often and killall -HUP shout. Now get the web-based interface for icecast
going.

On the client side, all they have to do is drop their files in the share
and wait until the playlist is rebuilt. Then turn your mp3 players to
http://mp3server:8000 to tune into the stream.

Go to the web-based interface to make a request.

Or just skip the icecast stuff and have them mount the samba share as a
drive and just have them build their own playlists.