Re: [TCLUG:17090] DSL with Cisco 675

Amy Tebbe wrote:
> PAT == Port Address Translation
>    not to be confused with
> NAT = Network Address Translation

Could someone compare and contrast the two of these? I couldn't bring
myself to answer seriously because I could explain much farther than
expanding the acronym. I have a feeling for it, but that could be very
wrong. How about differentiating port forwarding with PAT also? Sorry to
be so demanding, but I am genuinely curious about the available
options/techniques.

On a related note, where is the presentation you gave to TCLUG, Amy?

--

I used to work in a fire hydrant factory.  You couldn't park
anywhere near the place.