Re: [TCLUG:17186] XFree 4.0

> >Hmmm. imwheel is something that apparently maps mouse wheel motions to
> >keyboard actions. Are you actually using it? Mandrake? I just have XFree
> >handle it...
>         actually, it maps the wheel to mouse button presses (generally
> "buttons 4 and 5").

Thats what X (probably more an XFree only thing...) does. IMwheel lets
you map to keycodes, apparently per-app. I suppose you can use both...

Just discovered 4.0 apparently supports the horizontal wheel on my '4D'
mouse. Now what to do with it, I dunno... ;)

> >X doesn't dictate policy. ;)
>         gotcha. so each app or widget set needs to handle things itself, in
> it's own way... ?

Yup, X just sends button 4-5 presses to the app. The widget set or app
gets to decide what to do with it...

>         will the Berlin project be able to change this? is it desireable to
> change this?

Okay whats Berlin... :)

Latest news, I got multihead working. TNT2 Ultra as primary and a 3dfx
Banshee secondary...

Takes a while for it to 'soft boot' the Banshee, I switched back to the
'nv' driver from the 'nvidia' one because I thought it was hanging,
turns out it may have just been taking its time initialising the
banshee. Apparently multihead breaks the 3d support anyway though... :P