Re: [TCLUG:17303] FreeBSD

Ok then,

If FreeBSD isn't really that great as far as running linux compiled software,
here's more of what I need to know.

1) I need to be able to run some sort of MTA.

2) I need to be able to run the apache web server package.

3) I need to have better security 'built-in,' out of the box, as I'm still
learning a great deal about *nix type OSes.

4) Until I can afford a third
computer, this machine must also be able to operate as my desktop machine.  I
would like to be able to run such software as web-browsers, multimedia
utilities (shockwave, CD Player, RealPlayer, etc.)

Any advice, ASAP would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric F Crist
aka Slinky