RE: [TCLUG:17269] solaris annoyances

"Any ways.  How do you fix it ?  Well...  I am not sure.  You have to make
sure your terminal type is
correct.  And use a recent version of VI.  I would think vim would handle it
correctly."

With the standard Solaris vi, I was able to use the arrow keys by changing
TERM from xterm to xpcterm.  I imagine there's some piece of the termcap
that can be replicated to allow this for vtXXX terms as well.  I've never
been big into termcap files, but my man termcap states that there's an "mi"
flag which might do it for you.

Jer