Re: [TCLUG:17351] cable modems again

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> is in Still water and he has nothing but trouble.  They just lost the entire
> node a couple of weeks ago and apparently had to swap some hardware (I am
> not sure of the internal details).

From my knowedge, someone malicously cut fiber up that way not too long
ago on mediaones lines...

Idono.  I push mediaone because its a way to get around the ILEC.  Yeah,
CLEC's exist, but they still have to pay the ILEC.  mediaone has given
excellent service to all the people i personally know using phone and
internet services so far.  I am impressed with their connectivity.

Also, could you please check if these are latency issues to your gateway
(first hop out), or to the internet at large (in paticular, bbn in
chicago has been screwing *everyone* over lately.)

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> #nicnac@efnet 612.301.0265
http://www.ringworld.org/  finger:dieman@destiny.ringworld.org

Wait. Watch. Wonder.