Re: [TCLUG:17708] X not allowing local connections?

On Tue, 16 May 2000 Nick.T.Reinking@supervalu.com wrote:

> Were you using Slackware?  If you weren't, that may be
> the problem.  ;P
>
> Nick Reinking

I'm sure joe doesnt want a distribution war in answer to his request :)

I'm not sure what would cause this, but knowing what distribution you're
running can help a lot.  We're running a mix of redhat and slackware here,
and redhat is definately more picky about who connects to your X display.

In the meantime, you can try xhost +localhost to unlock the display to all
local clients.  Down the road, someone else can give you a better answer.

-David