Re: [TCLUG:18061] Adding PP Zip support after initial install

On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 01:15:49PM -0500, David S. Cargo wrote:
>reasons I need access to my Zip drive is that I saved off my customized
>installation scripts, including the ones I used to dial up my ISP.  I'm
>somewhat off the net until I get those reconnected.
>
>Thanks to all the responders for the advice.  It beats having to reinstall.

 Try to avoid reinstalling if at all possible.  Linux provides us with may
 tools to get around such things. And with the abscence of a registry (as in
 'doze) it makes it even simpler. for instance with dd and rdev (the latter of
 which I learned to use at the installfest) one can make a slick little
 bootdisk if you do something stupid like I did last weekend.

 try a "modprobe ppa.o" and see what you get. then make another post. Remember
 to paste in as much command output and log excerpts as you can to help us
 diagnose the issue.

 hth

--
Here is the obligatory :-)

Ben Lutgens  xAdministrator CS Solutions Inc |WinNT BSOD Security model:
1821 University Ave, St. Paul, Mn	     |"Can't crack it if it's crashed.
Cell: 651.387.9065  Office: 651.632.6162     |Invalid Pagefault in crackme.dll"