Re: [TCLUG:18079] clobbered partition table

> On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 04:23:49PM -0500, David S. Cargo wrote:
> >During the installfest, I managed to use Partition Magic 2.02 to clobber
> >my partition table on my combined Windows 95 / Linux disk.
>
> One guy referred to "Partition Magic" as "Distruction Magic" I would have to
> concur. I have never had much luck with it. And it can reek havoc on a
> partition table and driver geometry.

I've used PM dozens of times, and have never had problems with it. Maybe
I've just been lucky. But given that it's in version 5 (first I ever used
was 3, first with ext2 support is 4), a more up-to-date version is bound
to be more reliable.

It also may be able to fix this problem.

Andy