writing audio CDs

I just used 'cdrecord' to write an audio CD from audio files that I
recorded from a (analog) tape.  The process seemed to go fine, but the
resulting CD plays at twice its normal speed when I put it in my CD
player.  I presume the problem has to do with the format of the audio
files that I wrote to the CD, but they play correctly when I play them
from my hard drive.

Can someone suggest what the problem is?  Also, is there a program I
can use to inspect the format of an audio file, to see things
like sample rate, number of channels, time length, number of samples,
etc?

Thanks in advance,

--Mark

Mark Phillips @ Geometry Technologies, Inc.
550 Gilbert Building, 413 Wacouta St., St. Paul, MN 55101
Phone: 651-223-2884  Fax: 651-292-0014
mbp@geomtech.com       http://www.geomtech.com