Good intro to Linux admin

Linux Network Servers 24/7
Craig Hunt
Sybex Network Press  $35

Just bought this book last weekend and was very pleased to find it to be a
rare combination of reference, tutorial, case studies and hands-on
information. It's such a refreshing change from the typical computer book
these days. I'm really weary of the two writing styles that seem to be
mainstream - a regurgitation of man pages or other offical tech doc, or the
by-the-pound fluffed-up style of writing with very low S/N.

This book is aimed at the person who needs to come up to speed quickly on
building and administering Linux servers in the typical small to medium size
business environment. (Ask me how I know).

Here's a list of chapter titles:
Part 1 - Getting started, basic instal, boot process
Part 2 - network I/F, login, name, and network gateway services, mail server
config, apache config
Part 3 - file sharing, printer services, security, troubleshooting.

plus appendices on X Windows config, BIND reference, and m4 sendmail macros.

It's a good read.

Philip S. Plumbo           | Printware, Inc.
psp@printwareinc.com       | 1270 Eagan Industrial Rd. | voice: 651-456-1400
http://printwareinc.com    | St. Paul, MN 55121  USA   |   fax: 651-454-3684