Re: [TCLUG:18213] printer question

"Robert P. Goldman" wrote:

> I'm a linux newbie and would like to get myself an inexpensive printer
> (say $200 ish) for my home linux box, that won't be an immense amount
> of work to configure and get working.  Any suggestions?  I'm mostly
> going to be doing b/w, not photos, if that helps....
>
> Thanks!

I'm using the Epson 740 with good results in both b/w and color, including
photo's.  Very easy to install on Redhat 6.1 and other newer distro's- you'll
need to do some editing and downloading to use it in color on older distributions.

BTW:  I picked up my Epson for $100, my brother just picked one up for $80.  It comes
with a pack of photo paper and color and B/W ink cartridges.