From: jpschewe@eggplant.mtu.net [mailto:jpschewe@eggplant.mtu.net]
Sent: Monday, May 29, 2000 12:00 AM
To: tclug-list@mn-linux.org
Subject: [TCLUG:18277] firewall question

I've been working on closing up my external connection a bit and I'm seeing
some odd behavior now that it's closed down.  If disallowed any connections
privilaged ports, except the few services I want people to get at, ssh, www,
etc.  Now if I ssh from any machine that is masquerading through the
firewall,
all is good.  However if I ssh from the firewall machine to anywhere outside
can't get it to connect.  When I turn on logging and look in my messages log
see that the machine I'm sshing to is trying to connect to the firewall on
ports 1021 or 1022.  Both machines are using ssh1 protocol 1.5.

--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe