Re: [TCLUG:18310] Mandrake and eOne

on 5/29/00 10:22 PM, David Wood at jbevren@yahoo.com wrote:

> On Mon, 29 May 2000, Lord Xoi wrote:
>
>> I've had an eOne for awhile now, and just got Mandrake 7.  Works fine,
>> except I can't access my cdrom, <I get an Input/output error> and I can't
>> run X. <I get a blank screen>.
>
> It would help enormously if you could tell me what an eOne is :) Also, some
> lspci output would be nice.

lspci?
This is some info I've gleaned off of http://eonehelp.tripod.com/

---
The eOne is a blue, poly-carbonate plastic computer from eMachines.

What's under the hood:

Monitor: 15" with 0.28mm dot pitch

Processor: Intel® Celeron 433 or 500MHz (w/128KB L2 Cache)

64MB SyncDRAM

ATI Rage XL 3D AGP with 8MB SDRAM

Crystal PCI Audio & HiFi Stereo Speakers and Microphone built in

24x Max Slim CD-ROM drive

6.4GB Hard Drive (8.4GB on the 500 series)

3*" 1.44MB Floppy Drive

56K v.90 Modem

10BaseT Ethernet LAN (Intel® AnyPoint Home PNA ready)

One blue keyboard, and one blue mouse

Plethora of Ports:

2 USB Ports (Front & Side)

1 Game/MIDI port