Re: [TCLUG:18425] RS232 keyboard

>What interested me about your description was that RS-232C specifices
>the 25-pin connector.  I have used as few as four wires to connect
>two RS-232C ports together.
	I actually have a crossover cable at home, with only 2 wires.
:) worked pretty happily in my networking lab in college, actually;
using kermit to send and recieve files.
	I believe we tried a 4-wire configuration of it, and had
problems with data corruption; went back to 2 wires and it worked
fine...

mind you, I wouldn't actually try using this cable for anything
serious... my soldering job is downright abominable. :)

Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	         Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com       (763) 682-1091