Re: [TCLUG:18356] Apache error

>On Tue, 30 May 2000, Brian Ackermann wrote:
>
>> Its definately MY error... here's the relevant bit from httpd.conf
>>
>> Alias /rimps "/usr/local/rimps/"
>> Alias /rimps/ "/usr/local/rimps/"
>>
>> <Directory "/usr/local/rimps/">
>>     AllowOverride
>>     order allow,deny
>>     allow from all
>>     Options ExecCGI
>>     Options FollowSymLinks
>> </Directory>
>>

>> Well, the deal is, I get this error...
>>
>> The requested URL /rimps/info.php3 was not found on this server

You have to tell apache
that php is a valid extention - I've had it running on a linux box at work,
but do not have access to this machine anymore - but believe it had something
similar to how my dos box is now set up cScriptAlias /php3/ "c:/php3/"
AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .phtml
AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
Action application/x-httpd-php3 "/php3/php.exe"
You also have to tell apache where is will find the doc. you are running.
ie index.php3 - www.php.net
http://www.php.net/manual/html/configuration.html#configuration.file
The best thing you can do is set up a file with phpinfo() in it and from the
prompt where php exists $php < "file with phpinfo() in it" > info.html
then use a browser to view info.html and find out where things are pointing
according to your installation. You may find out you php.ini does not have
the correct settings.  If after all this it still does not work i'll
eventually get up
to where the linux box is located and give you a setup that works.