RE: [TCLUG:59] Saturday's meeting.

well.. one of the topics for the meeting should be what we are going to do about
being an official "organization" I have talked with clay, and scott (i think)
but we need to figure something out.. it would be nice to have an official
designation, that way we can attend computer fairs or other computer events and
promote linux.. or as an organization, order linux CD's and give them away at
events, have a Tshirt fund, or other stuff like that.  I'm trying to stay away
from the idea of having dues.. that's no fun, but people could volunteer to run
some kind of fund raiser, or collect donations at public events... etc

On 27-Apr-98 Clayton Fandre wrote:
> Well, it turns out I cannot make it to yet another TCLUG meeting. My
> fiancée if having her bridal shower Saturday and it's in Milwaukee. I
> tried to get out of it, but she doesn't want to drive alone. Plus I just
> love a good bridal shower. ;) Hopefully I will make it next month...
>
> I haven't had a lot of response back about the topic for Saturday. (Does
> anyone subscribe to this list, or am I the only one?) Since I can't make
> it to the meeting, I feel a little guilty about choosing the topic. But
> since no one else has any ideas, the topic will be: Intro to Linux 101.
> So if anyone is willing to give a presentation or something, let me
> know. So tell all of your MS+ friends to come and experience what a real
> OS is. And for all of you newbies that I have been getting e-mail from,
> start posting some questions and topics that you'd like to hear about on
> Saturday.
>
> The meeting will be at NOON on May 2nd. We will be in room EE/CSci
> 3-230, which is west of the Washington Ave parking ramp. (Your best bet
> for parking). Check the web site for a map of the area.
>
> Clay Fandre
> http://tclug.real-time.com
>
> To unsubscribe to this list, just send an e-mail to ... wait a minute.
> There's no reason to unsubscribe cause there are never any POST!!! Uhg.

TTYL,
        Ben Kochie (ben@intexp.com)

You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.
                                        -Scott Adams

To the engineer, the world is a toy box full of sub-optimized and
feature-poor toys.
                                        -How to tell an Engineer