Re: [TCLUG:82] Meeting Minutes

Carl Patten wrote:

> Shannon, were you able to get your IP forwarding/masquerading problem
> resolved?  A couple days ago I used the IP-Masquerading mini-HOWTO to let
> my Win95 box share my Red Hat 5's PPP connection to the Internet.  Apart
> from forgetting to enable IPv4 Forwarding in netcfg (not mentioned in the
> HOWTO), it didn't take too long to get it working.  Anyway, if you're
> still having troubles I'd be happy to share what I know.

  Well, I continued to have sporadic network problems when I hooked the linux
box back up at home. I took someone's advice (Tony or Scott maybe?) and
upgraded my kernel from 2.0.31 to 32 and the network problems went away.

I'm going to try tacking the IP masquerading/diald issues again on Wednesday,
and we'll see hopw it goes.

Thanks for all the help, everyone. I'll see you guys next month.

Shannon