install / reinstall ...

Boy I have slippery fingers, setting up this send to address I sent an empty
reply to the list as I am sure you noticed, sorry ;-(

It gets better though.  First thanks to you, I have a fresh install of RHL
5.  Saturday was my first visit with tclug and I look forward to attending
future topics.

Without thinking while playing around I decided to try out a few commands
including /sbin/lilo -u , which uninstalled Lilo with date stamp ( just had
to try it ).

Now I want to re-install Lilo, but am having a time with it.

I don't have the CD install media, but downloaded lilo-0_20-1_src.rpm off
the net, and want to transfer it to hda3? ( root on dual boot install ) and
install with the command rpm --install ?

I have futzed around with the rescue disk trying to mount the file from
floppy drive, and with Loadlin from my dos / window partition, with a
variety of error messages ( what is the name of the kernel if it isn't
vmlinuz ? ).

I would appreciate some detailed instructions on how to go about making the
install complete again.

Thanks,
Jeff
so I learned something.  First when sitting before a Unix install, sit on
your hands.