.emacs file

I recently cleaned up my .emacs file, and split up all the common stuff
(defs for LaTeX-mode, stuff for font-lock-mode, ...)  I did this so I
could build a better .emacs file, without actually losing any
curently-unneeded information that I might want to re-use someday.

Anyway, I figure there might be a few TCLUG users out there who want to
get started with GNU Emacs, and would like something that does color
when writing C programs, and other cute stuff.  (There's even a function
that lets you do replace-regexp on a region!)

If you would like to see the .emacs file that I created for myself, you
can get it at:

  ftp://ftp.isd.net/jhall1/emacs/

Just download all the *.el files, and 'cat' them together into your
[new] ~/.emacs file.

		-- Henry Spencer