Re: [TCLUG:179] Good Books for Bob Nolte

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Bob Nolte wrote:

> Here's my questions. Given that I've been able to get this far...
>     What's the best way for me to learn the Linux OS from the ground up
Did you get a book with the RH5.0 cd?  If not, you may want to get a book
like "Running Linux".
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/runux2/

You could also get "Unix for the Impatient" which is a good reference for
command line Unix tools.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/quicksearch-query/002-7407365-8800843

"The Unix Philosphy" is a quick read about the ideals and motivations
behind the "Prompt Forever!" mentality.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1555581234/002-7407365-8800843

When you feel comfortable at the prompt, "Unix System Administration
Handbook" gets favorable reviews.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0131510517/002-7407365-8800843

"The Unix-Haters Handbook/ Book and Barf Bag"
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1568842031/002-7407365-8800843

Browse through O'reilley and Associates Unix/Linux books, generally agreed
to be good no matter what book it is.
http://www.ora.com

>     Is there a newbie group within TCLUG focused on people like me and
> mentored by someone
>         who knows what's going on?
Should we start up a #tclug-help on irc?
A new user section on the web page?

Adam Moshier