Re: [TCLUG:361] Re: Fwd: [TCLUG:352] Promoting Linux to businesses

Yes, I have Rosegarden and MuTex.  However, with limited free time
and my focus on making music as per my lessons, I find that the
Win95 environment provides easy to use programs that I use rather
than the other way around.

I think Linux' strengths lie in the server and networking area.
I agree that the music side can be developed.  I have struggled
with this.  Being a software developer myself, I struggle with
how to spend my time.  Should I jump in and help develp the music
apps for Linux or take advantage of the fact that I now have a
guitar instructor that I can truly connect with and achieve the
musical goals I have so long wanted to attain?  I have chosen
the latter.  There are always tradeoffs, but my musical
priorities win out this time.  Maybe when I am done with the
lessons, I can change focus a bit to working on Linux music
apps.  Linux is certainly capable of hosting these.

Tony