Re: [TCLUG:442] Compiling problems...with everything

> I think so. crt1.o is an object file which gets linked into every C
> program which was compiled with gcc. It contains the stuff that's
> common to all programs, for example locating libraries... :-)
>
> crt1.o usually comes with gcc as part of the gcc runtime system. I
> suspect that it is corrupt or you mixed together two different
> versions of gcc. So I'd reinstall gcc. It could be that crt1.o is in a
> different rpm than gcc, in that case you need to reinstall that other
> one as well. I believe there's an option for rpm to find the package
> that contains a given file.

Hmm.. Well, I finally got a little free time, and I've started looking
at this stuff again..  My /usr/lib/crt1.o file came out of a development
version of glibc2 that I don't remember ever installing..  Now, I can't
seem to find an rpm anywhere on Rufus.w3.org that has crt1.o in it (an
up-to-date one, anyway..)

Maybe someone who understands the 'rpmfind' program can tell me where to
get these files (or, should I just edit them out of the spec file?)

Mike Hicks
--
Linux: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste